The July 3-day Residential & Zoom Sesshin
JULY 3-DAY SESSHIN
Starts: Thursday, 7/29 at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, 8/1 at approx 1:00 p.m.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021
RESIDENTIAL OPTION—You may apply to stay at the Center during the June sesshin if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a member of the Triple Sangha.
- You are Roshi's student.
- You have been fully vaccinated.
- You are attending full time.
There are a limited number of rooms available at the Center. (Rooms will be single occupancy only.) Preference will be given to senior members and those who live farthest away. If you request a room on your sesshin application, we will let you know after the deadline whether or not a room is available. Meals will be provided for those who stay at the Center.
Important Pointers and Reminders about Zoom Sesshins
- Please note that if there is any change in your sesshin status, you must contact Roshi.
- The Thursday evening start of sesshin is required even if you are attending part time.
- The sesshin fee as well as your membership dues, if you are a member of the VZC, must be paid in full before the deadline for sesshin applications (see sidebar). If this is a hardship for you, please contact Jed Graef. Likewise, if you are unable to pay the sesshin fee, please contact Jed.
- We encourage you to maintain silence throughout the sesshin to the extent you are able.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Eat in silence if possible and, if you can, recite the meal chants.
- During sittings, it is best not to face your camera, but rather sideways (not with your back to the camera). During chanting and teisho, please face the camera. Your video should be on at all times unless you are not at the sitting.
- It is absolutely essential that you consult with family members about your sesshin expectations. Don't wait until the last minute to do this. The success of your sesshin depends on good communication with those with whom you share living space.
- Several days after the application deadline you will receive an e-mail formally confirming your acceptance to the sesshin and with information about how to connect via Zoom as well as your dokusan group number and dokusan procedures.
If you have any questions about the sesshin or sesshin procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the Center.
We look forward to seeing you.