2020 All-day Zoom Sittings (Zazenkai)
For many years our full schedule did not leave space for all-day sittings. This year, with so many changes and challenges, we are able to have them, albeit via zoom.
In Japan, all-days are called zazenkai and at some temples, they are referred to as one-day sesshins. They are great way to dip your toes into advanced training in preparation for full-length sesshins, which someday we will have again.
- We encourage you to maintain silence throughout the all-day to the extent you are able.
- While you may attend either the morning or afternoon portion, you are encouraged to attend the full day.
- If you are unable to attend the all-day, you may still come for the teisho portion.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Eat in silence if possible and, if you can, recite the meal chants.
- There is no fee for the sitting.
- Please submit the registration form on this page so that Roshi knows how many to expect for dokusan. Depending on the number of students attending, there will be either one or two dokusans per person. There will be one opportunity for private instruction during one of the dokusan periods.