After reading this page and submitting the confirmation form at the end, you will be redirected to the sesshin application page.
APRIL 3-DAY VIRTUAL SESSHIN
Starts: Thursday, April 15 at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 18 at approx 1:00 p.m.
Application Deadline: March 25, 2021
Trial & Non-member
CASH or CHECK
- April 15-18, 3-day
CASH or CHECK
Pointers and Reminders about Zoom Sesshins:
- Please note that if there is any change in your sesshin status, you must contact Roshi.
- The Thursday or Friday evening start of sesshin is required even if you are attending part time.
- The sesshin fee as well as your membership dues, if you are a member of the VZC, must be paid in full before the deadline for sesshin applications (see sidebar). If this is a hardship for you, please contact Jed Graef. Likewise, if you are unable to pay the sesshin fee, please contact Jed.
- We encourage you to maintain silence throughout the sesshin to the extent you are able.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Eat in silence if possible and, if you can, recite the meal chants.
- During sittings, it is best not to face your camera, but rather face a wall. During chanting and teisho, please face the camera. Your video should be on at all times.
- It is absolutely essential that you consult with family members about your sesshin expectations. Don't wait until the last minute to do this. The success of your sesshin depends on good communication with those with whom you share living space.
- Several days after the application deadline you will receive an e-mail formally confirming your acceptance to the sesshin and with information about how to connect via Zoom as well as your dokusan group number and dokusan procedures.
If you have any questions about the sesshin or sesshin procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the Center.
We look forward to seeing you.